Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Lines in Nature



I really like this picture due to the contrast between the dark green needle and they white, white snow. The needles can be considered a straight line and the branches could be a curved or wavy kind of line. If I could change one thing I would change the business of it. It is a very busy picture and there is not exactly on focal point.


I really like this picture because it goes from dark to light, it has an ombre effect. I also like how the texture changes from one line to another. I don't really like how it is not centered and I wast exactly on top of the lines so they seem to get smaller at the top and kind of curve off.


In this photo I like the lines from the cracking wood in the tree. The bark has been torn off of and so only part of it has still been left of there. I also admire the different colors of the wood and the distressed look it has to it. It does look a little "blah" in the color area it is quite grey which makes it kind of boring.


1 comment:

  1. "ombre effect" ....don't hear that term everyday! The tire tracks probably isn't a Line in Nature.....but the dead tree is, and maybe the best one. I think B&W would work better there-it would help the viewer "see" the lines better?

    ReplyDelete