Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Winter Light


The theme for this shoot was winter light. I had a hard time with this because there wasn't any sunshine and it was an overcast kind of day. The main branch with the snow on it in this picture really intrigues me. I like how the snow flakes are so thin that you can kind of see through them at the end. The secondary subject, the other branches, really add to the picture and show what it is and how snowy it was. If I could make this picture better I would make the second branch behind the main branch less focused.


THe main subject of the picture is the pine tree branch. The background of sky and trees is pretty plain so you can focus on the main branch. I think this picture would have looked better if there was more light behind the pine branch.


So as I was outside with my cat, of course, it got too cold on the ground for him so I put him on our deck railing. Once I did that I noticed the melting slush on top of it. I was hoping for the water and ice to reflect some of the light that was outside and look even brighter. I personally like the cats paws in this picture because they make it not just another picture of slush. I think this could have been better if the background wasn't such a bright white, but I cant really change that because all that was there was snow.
 I also don't like how there is a smudge in the left hand corner of my camera. It was raining this day and I didn't want to have little water droplets all over but wiping off the lens almost made it worse.


The main water droplets in this picture are not as clear as I would like them to be but they're okay. If the background of this picture was a little more clear I think it would add to it too. I like how you can see the droplets clearly, though. They show that it was a rainy and cold day.



1 comment:

  1. I like the bottom one a lot-I'd experiment more with this concept and see if you can have a little clearer background-even people behind it?

    ReplyDelete